According to Christianity Today magazine, of the 6.3 billion people in the world today, about 33% are professing Christians. They belong to nearly 38,000 different church groups. These denominations are based on geography, ethnicity, culture, doctrine, education, economics, and how they believe they should run the church. Certain divisions may be inevitable, but none should foster the fracture of the body of Christ. Christ died to bring His people together. Within a local church, splits often begin when one person or group thinks it is better than others. In almost every New Testament epistle, the writer devotes extensive space to urging God’s people to live together in harmony. Romans 15 is just one example. The Apostle Paul writes, “We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good. Accept one another just as Christ has accepted you in order to bring praise to God.” Paul echoes what Jesus said, “Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” That love must extend, not only to those who are like us, but to those who may be unlike us in our culture, ethnicity, or economic class. The way we show love can make a profound difference in our church, our family, our community, and our world.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism