James Weldon Johnson, the African American wrote a book entitled God’s Trombones. He began one poem about the Prodigal Son with these words, “Young Man, Young man–your arm is too short to box with God.” The prophet Isaiah helps us to know emphatically that we are too puny to box with God. We are too small to grasp fully God’s greatness. In Isaiah 45, God speaks to us through his prophet this way: “I am the LORD and there is no other. I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things. What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator! Does a clay pot argue with its maker? Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying, ‘Stop, you’re doing it wrong?’ “Do you question what I do for my children? Do you give me orders about the work of my hands? I am the one who made the earth and created people to live on it. With my hands, I stretched out the heavens. All the stars are at my command. . . .The LORD is God, and he created the heavens and earth and put everything in place. He made the world to be lived in, and not to be a place of empty chaos. I am the LORD, God says, and there is no other.” WOW! Since God is all wise, all-powerful, and loves us so dearly, we can only bow in heartfelt reverence and obedience.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Chandra on What Black Children Are Really Being Taught : Great article. Some specific actions to address this issue might be: 1) teach girls how to get some...
- spotted by locals on A letter of recommendation can be valuable. : WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for trip to europe
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism