Each year, Jewish people celebrate Holocaust Day. They do it to remind themselves of the time-during WWII-when the Allies set them free from Hitler’s genocide camps. By recalling that day, they are saying, “Never again!”-We will never let this happen to us again! Recalling the past can inspire us in the present. It is why the writer of Hebrews urged readers to remember their past. They had suffered a lot; he wanted them to recall their past suffering to inspire them to be faithful now. Here is what he wrote in Hebrews 10: “Think back on those early days when you first learned about Christ. Remember how you remained faithful even though it meant terrible suffering. Sometimes you were exposed to public ridicule and were beaten, and sometimes you helped others who were suffering the same things. You suffered along with those who were thrown into jail; and when all you owned was taken from you, you accepted it with joy. So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will.” In view of what the writer told his readers, let us not forget our past struggles. Rather, let them remind us that the God who sustained us in the past will not fail us today.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Edward on Jesus in the Black Christian Imagination, Pt. 2 : I have read both Part 1 and Part 2 of this article and I have several things to say about it. What ...
- larry on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Are you no longer doing the daily direction? I keep getting Oct. 17 when I log onto your website.
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism