Ever since humans have been on earth, we have wondered what happens to us after we die. God has not chosen to explain all the details of life after death. But Jesus Christ — who came from heaven and returned there — spoke about death with great authority. John 11 records one time he spoke about it. He had arrived in Bethany to raise Lazarus from the dead. When he got there, Lazarus had been in the grave for four days. His sister, Martha, soon got word that Jesus was coming, so she went to meet him. She said, “Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask.” Jesus told her, “Your brother will rise again.” “Yes,” Martha said, he will rise when everyone else rises, at the last day.” Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die.” Jesus tells us that He is both the source of life and is life itself; and even though we all die physically, we will all rise in a coming day. Those who in this life place their faith in Him will rise to live eternally with Jesus. Those who ignore or reject Jesus in this life will rise to face judgment. So anybody who wonders what happens after death should seriously ponder what Jesus Christ said about it.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Todd A. Scholes on Ebola Outbreak: How You Can Help : We have a revolutionary product that would help fight and protect against viruses and these out brea...
- karaoke italiano on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Bollywood karaoke songs come in different languages because the Bollywood productions are also mul...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism