Here are some tips experts offer people who believe they are about to lose their jobs: Don’t panic or blame yourself; cut your expenses to buy time; offer to negotiate for less pay or less hours; start training to improve yourself; don’t burn your bridges if you are let go. King David faced pressure in his role as king. We learn from Psalm 4 that apparently, some rich or influential people did not think he was doing a good job as king, so they tried to get rid of him. They slandered him. They inferred that somebody else might do a better job. How did David react? He turned to God in prayer, confident that God would come to his rescue. He reminded himself and us not to let anger control when things look bad. Then as he reflected on the blessings God had already bestowed on him, he said, “You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe.” Despite the difficulty David faced, he knew God would provide for him and sustain him as king. He had faith that God would never abandon him or break His promise to him. Those who have Jesus the Christ as their Savior and God as their Father can have the same confidence today.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Ilana on Discipling Men into Godliness: An Interview with Pastor Eric Mason : Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Many thanks for supplying these details.
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism