Vince Lombardi, the famous football coach, had a unique way of inspiring players. He once blasted a player on the field, telling him he was slow, weak, and stupid. The man was so demoralized he was ready to quit football. But later, in the locker room, Lombardi came up behind him and said, “Son, one of these days you are going be the greatest guard in the league.” Suddenly, that player felt 10 feet tall. Words can demoralize or inspire. During a perilous storm in the Mediterranean Sea, 300 people feared they might perish. Luke, the author of Acts 27 tells how Paul’s words encouraged them. Luke wrote, “Just as day was dawning, Paul urged everyone to eat. ‘You have been so worried that you haven’t touched food for two weeks,’ he said. ‘Please eat something now for your own good. For not a hair of your heads will perish.’ Then he took some bread, gave thanks to God before them all, and broke off a piece and ate it. Then everyone was encouraged and began to eat — all 276 of us who were onboard.” Even though Paul was a prisoner, he was God’s agent for good. He recognized a problem, proposed a solution, inspired hope, and set the example by his own actions. That is what effective leaders do. A man of faith with practical wisdom can be a great asset during tough times.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Mark Sebert on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : How is it really theft if no property was actually stolen? I love the Dark Horse song and the Joyful...
- Chandra on What Black Children Are Really Being Taught : Great article. Some specific actions to address this issue might be: 1) teach girls how to get some...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism