Suggestions for staying physically healthy are plenty. But most often, they include these ideas: Eat healthy food; Exercise regularly, and get plenty of sleep — great tips to help us keep healthy physically. But how can we keep healthy spiritually? In most of his epistles, the Apostle Paul stresses three important exercises Christians ought to follow — faith, love, and hope. In writing to the Colossian believers, he highlights these values this way: “We always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God’s people, which comes from your confident hope of what God has reserved for you in heaven.” Faith, love, and hope. We receive these three critical gifts from God when we accept Jesus Christ into our lives. Faith enables us to grow in our relationship with God. God permits us to undergo various experiences to increase our faith. Love helps us to grow in our relationships with others as we treat them with compassion and justice. Hope enables us to endure present difficulties, even as we look ahead to the day when our Lord returns from glory. The more we focus on faith, love, and hope, the better equipped we become to grow and go for our Lord.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 73 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Brian Westley on Doing Apologetics from an Urban Perspective : "They have subscribed to some form of humanism that basically says they are god or there is no longe...
- how buys junk cars on Some people falsely believe they are supernatural. : Scrap Export: When you scrap a car to a scrap car removal company, then try and find whether the c...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism