An invalid woman with Multiple Sclerosis had a positive outlook on life. She said, “I’m not always up. Most of the time I don’t feel well, but to whine and complain will simply make my life and the lives of everyone around me harder. Besides, it won’t fix, change, or solve anything. So I choose to face each day with good grace, to inspire those I love to go forward with what you can fix or change or solve; don’t waste time making yourself and everyone else around you miserable.” This woman’s daughter said her mother’s attitude changed the outcome of her life. She showed her how to handle difficult situations with grace. This woman also captured the essence of what the Apostle Paul urged God’s people to do. We read this in Romans 12. “Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.” Paul’s advice 2,000 years ago is just as valuable today as it was back then.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Chandra on What Black Children Are Really Being Taught : Great article. Some specific actions to address this issue might be: 1) teach girls how to get some...
- spotted by locals on A letter of recommendation can be valuable. : WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for trip to europe
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism