One debate expert says to win in your argument, you should 1) Always respect your opponent. 2) Find common ground and claim it. 3) Concede points that make sense. 4) Don’t confuse passion with hatred. 5) Choose the right setting to debate; avoid debating at public events like funerals or weddings. It is remarkable to see how Paul approached the critical issues within the church at Corinth. In his letter, he had to confront some tough issues–sexual immorality, members suing one another, divorce, disunity, and doubters in Christ’s resurrection. Despite these thorny issues, he begins his letter by complimenting the people and expressing great respect for them. In 1 Corinthians 1, he writes, “I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus. Through him, God has enriched your church in every way — with all your eloquent words and all of your knowledge. You have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns.” Paul never compromised the truth of the Gospel. At the same time, he mastered the technique of respecting others. Let us take a tip from Paul.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- larry on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Are you no longer doing the daily direction? I keep getting Oct. 17 when I log onto your website.
- david bell on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : you sir have no education on music theory or copyright infringement
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism