Lindi McCartney, wife of Promise Keepers founder Bill McCartney, made a confession. In her book, From Ashes to Glory, she told how she became bitter at her husband — because he spent so much time away from home. He later reordered his priorities and saved their marriage, but she had to deal with her bitterness. Sometimes our self-centered attitudes keep us from being concerned for others. When the Apostle Paul reached Rome, after a terrible sea voyage, he called together his Jewish brothers. He explained to them why he appealed to Caesar. Here is what he said, “Brothers, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Roman government, even though I had done nothing against our people or the customs of our ancestors. The Romans tried me and wanted to release me, because they found no cause for the death sentence. But when the Jewish leaders protested the decision, I felt it necessary to appeal to Caesar, even though I had no desire to press charges against my own people.” Some believe Paul appealed to Caesar, not only to vindicate himself, but also to vindicate the Gospel. If Caesar declared him innocent, this decision might lessen persecution for other believers. Paul’s unselfish attitude can be a lesson for us today. Christ calls us to look out for the interests of others — not just our own.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- larry on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Are you no longer doing the daily direction? I keep getting Oct. 17 when I log onto your website.
- david bell on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : you sir have no education on music theory or copyright infringement
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism