Well-known Bible teacher, A. W. Tozer, said this about the Bible: “God did not write a book and send it by messengers to be read at a distance by unaided minds. He spoke a Book and lives in his spoken word, constantly speaking his words and causing the power of them to persist across the years.” Tozer captured something of what Moses told his people years ago. We read this in Deuteronomy 30, “This command I am giving you today is not too difficult for you to understand, and it is not beyond your reach. It is not kept in heaven, so distant that you must ask, ‘Who will go up and bring it down so we can hear it and obey? It is not kept beyond the sea, so far away that you must ask, ‘Who will cross the sea to bring it to us so we can hear it and obey? No, the message is very close at hand; it is on your lips and in your heart so that you can obey it.” The Apostle Paul quoted this text in Romans 10 to tell us that God has revealed Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, His Son. Jesus himself said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” Since Jesus Christ embodies God’s truth, when we accept and obey Him, we are living by the truth. God makes Himself known to us for two powerful reasons — so we can know Him and live according to the truth.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- david bell on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : you sir have no education on music theory or copyright infringement
- Todd A. Scholes on Ebola Outbreak: How You Can Help : We have a revolutionary product that would help fight and protect against viruses and these out brea...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism