Many nations around the world copy America’s government system. They like it because it allows the public to elect their leaders. In that sense, America is a model for other nations. In a more profound way, God wants his people to be a beacon for righteous living in the world. Jesus told His disciples they were salt and light for the rest of the world. Long before Jesus, Moses told ancient Israel that God was counting on them to be a model for other nations. Here are Moses words from Deuteronomy 4: “Look, I now teach you these decrees and regulations just as the LORD my God commanded me, so that you may obey him in the land you are about to enter and occupy. Obey them completely, and you will display your wisdom and intelligence among the surrounding nations. When they hear all these decrees, they will exclaim, ‘How wise and prudent are the people of this great nation! For what great nation has a god as near to us whenever we call on him? And what nation has decrees and regulations as righteous and fair as this body of instructions that I am giving you today?” Since God counts on us, His people, to set the standard for godly living, to represent Him in our home, our church, and our community, we ought to ask daily, “What kind of message am I communicating by what I say and do?”
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Edward on Jesus in the Black Christian Imagination, Pt. 2 : I have read both Part 1 and Part 2 of this article and I have several things to say about it. What ...
- larry on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Are you no longer doing the daily direction? I keep getting Oct. 17 when I log onto your website.
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism