Research studies show that people who live with a wide array of social ties are less likely to catch colds. Another study showed that infection among people who are in contact with many different kinds of people was 50% less than those who lived in isolation. Even those with heart disease were six times more likely to die within six months than those who had many friends and relatives. Concern for our total wellbeing is one reason God tells us to live in community with one another. The Bible gives us guidelines on how to do it well. The Apostle Paul writes in Romans 12, “Just as our bodies have many parts, and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.” He goes on to say, “Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them.” Of course, circumstances, age, and physical conditions sometimes prevent us from being with God’s people. But the principle stands. We are better off when we live in community, and function in the way God designed us.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 73 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- depression on Sex outside of marriage is very common today. : Good day! This is kind of off tooic but I need some gjidance from an established blog. Is it diffic...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism