In 1911, the Mexican boll weevil arrived in the south, killing up to 60 percent of the cotton crop. To save the economy, farmers heeded the advice of Dr. George Washington Carver. They planted peanuts instead of cotton. Dr Carver knew insects did not like peanuts. Farmers followed his advice and this saved the south. God gave ancient Israel not just advice but commands to ensure their salvation and survival. After delivering them from slavery, God introduced his covenant with them at Mt Sinai. In Exodus 20, God said, “I am the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery. You must not have any other god but me.” Sadly, they failed to keep this covenant and as a result, they went into exile. But it was with ancient Israel, so it is with us. God has done amazing things for us. God sent His only Son to atone for our sin. God promises that all who believe in Jesus Christ will receive forgiveness of sin and eternal life. Since God has done so much for us, we owe Him a great debt of gratitude — our allegiance, trust, and obedience. Paul summed up the way we should respond to all God has done for us. He says in Romans 12, “I plead with you: give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice — the kind he will find acceptable.”
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Samuel Holysentc on Churchy Fallacies Are Drivin’ Me ‘Crae : I've been a fan of crea from the first time i heard his song(s).. one thing i know is that the call ...
- Ilana on Discipling Men into Godliness: An Interview with Pastor Eric Mason : Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Many thanks for supplying these details.
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism