A hidden agenda is an undisclosed agenda, and it is often hard to identify. King Herod had one. Matthew 2 records this: “Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the reign of King Herod. About that time some wise men from the eastern lands arrived in Jerusalem, asking, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to worship him. King Herod was deeply disturbed when he heard this, as was everyone in Jerusalem. He called a meeting of the leading priests and teachers of religious law and asked, “Where is the Messiah supposed to be born?” “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they assured him. Then Herod called for a private meeting with the wise men, and he learned from them the time when the star first appeared. Then he told them, “Go to Bethlehem and search carefully for the child. And when you find him, come back and tell me so I can go and worship him, too!” We quickly learn that Herod had a hidden agenda. He really intended to slay the newborn King. But as we also know, God was one step ahead of Herod. In a world where hidden agendas often exist, we must maintain a close relationship with God. Only He can help us stay a step ahead, because for His children, He makes all things work together for our good.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 73 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- depression on Sex outside of marriage is very common today. : Good day! This is kind of off tooic but I need some gjidance from an established blog. Is it diffic...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism