The last question on a student nurses’ pop quiz was this: “What is the first name of the woman who cleans our school?” No one knew her name. The students thought it was a trick question and would not count, but it did. The teacher later told them, “In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant and deserve your respect and care — even the cleaning woman.” The professor echoed what the Apostle Paul taught the Philippian believers — and us. In Philippians 2, Paul stressed that when we accept Jesus the Christ as our Savior, God unites with His Son. So the life we live should increasingly reflect the character of Christ. Paul said, “Make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others too.” Sadly, some people are so self-centered and afflicted with individualism that they pay little attention to others. But since people of faith have God’s unbroken presence, love, and encouragement, the apostle urges us to preserve unity, to love one another, and to work harmoniously for Christ and His kingdom.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism