Many Americans have the reputation of being rugged individualists. That is, they have a passion to be self-sufficient, self-reliant, and independent. Individualism certainly has its place. The Apostle Paul said, “Each one should carry his own load.” Yet at the same time, the Bible also calls us to live in community, to recognize that we are mutually dependent on one another. And this attitude should prevail across racial and ethnic lines. We are not to live in isolation, unconcerned about the needs of others. The Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 2, “You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position as a slave, and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on the cross. Therefore God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him a name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” When we follow the example of Christ in serving others, our Heavenly Father will applaud us as He did Jesus.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism