Producers of great violins look for talented players to use them — because without use violins lose their tone. Likewise, God wants us to use the abilities He gives us — use them for His glory by serving others. Otherwise, they go to waste. Jesus used a parable to stress this: “The Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called his servants and entrusted his money to them while he was gone. He gave five bags of silver to one, two bags to another and one bag to the last — dividing it according to their abilities. He then left on his trip. The man who received the five bags of silver invested the money and earned five more. The servant with two bags also went to work and earned two more. But the servant who received one bag dug a hole in the ground and hid the master’s money. After a long time their master returned and called them to give an account of how they had used his money. The servant that received the five bags of silver came forward with five more and said, “Master, you gave me five bags of silver to invest, and I have earned five more.” “Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!” God honors and rewards His children who use their abilities to benefit others.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism