When Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the church door in Germany back in 1517, he did more than start a theological revolution. His action led to greater emphasis on the value of individuals. People began to exercise more individual freedoms; not only in accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, but also in asserting their right to live independently in many areas of life. While God created us to be free individuals, He also created us to need each other. God’s people are members of a community called the Church. As members of His Body, Christ calls us to look out for one another, to love our neighbors as we love ourselves, and to cooperate with others in doing His work. The Apostle Paul knew that His success in spreading the Gospel was due in part because others helped him. He wrote to the believers, recorded in Philippians 1, “Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now.” So while we love and embrace our individual freedom to accept Christ and live for Him, we also know that God designed us to be interdependent. In God’s economy, no one is an island!
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- larry on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Are you no longer doing the daily direction? I keep getting Oct. 17 when I log onto your website.
- david bell on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : you sir have no education on music theory or copyright infringement
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism