In 1967, Roy Bates created his own nation. It started when he set up a radio station on a vacant island, three miles off the coast of England. He put it there because back then England did not allow citizens to own radio stations. His island was in international waters, so he declared himself a sovereign nation. He created his own flag, his own money, his own passport, and his own laws. He was proud of his success. Paul had more reasons to boast about his religious success, but he chose not to. He wrote in Philippians 3, “If others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more. I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin — a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault.” Then after listing his pedigree, Paul said, “I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.” He discarded his achievements because they gave him no standing with God. Once he met Jesus, his ambition was to know Christ better and discover the peace, power, and joy that come from Him. That ought to be our ambition as well.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Chandra on What Black Children Are Really Being Taught : Great article. Some specific actions to address this issue might be: 1) teach girls how to get some...
- spotted by locals on A letter of recommendation can be valuable. : WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for trip to europe
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism