Dr. Martin Luther King once said, “If a man has not discovered something he is willing to die for, he isn’t fit to live.” That is a profound statement; and the people who accept that challenge often leave a lasting legacy. Dr. King was one, but long before him was our Lord and the Apostle Paul. In writing to the Philippian church, Paul spoke of what drove him. He said, “I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.” Paul was a man whose purpose revolved around his relationship with Jesus Christ. He derived his significance from Christ. People often seek significance from fleeting things like money, popularity, power, pleasure, and prestige. Some spend their entire lives pursuing what they believe will give them the greatest personal satisfaction. But the former Chicago Bears football great, Gayle Sayers put it this way: “I am Third.” He said, “The Lord is first, my friends are second, and I am third.” He also knew he could never set the football records he set by acting alone. He needed his teammates. Gayle Sayers sought to live with eternal values in view. In our day, many people often forget that God calls us to put Him first, and to love others as we love ourselves. We really are not fit to live if we live only for self.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- spotted by locals on A letter of recommendation can be valuable. : WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for trip to europe
- Leroy Smith, Jr. on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Why do I keep getting the October 17 edition of Daily Direction? It has become an intricate part of ...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism