In his biography of Richard Nixon, Anthony Summers said that Nixon’s arrogant quest for power led him to engage in many shady schemes. But as bad as many say Nixon was, he probably was not as arrogant as King Belshazzar was — described in Daniel 5. That ancient king gave an elaborate banquet for his nobles. Some think he did it to show contempt for the Medes and Persians. Even though they surrounded the city, he was confident they could never breach the city’s walls. He also mocked God by drinking wine from the sacred vessels his grand father had brought from Jerusalem. He and his nobles felt so secure in their military power that they had a party. But suddenly, the party ended when a human hand wrote these terrifying words on the wall: Mene, Mene, Tekel, Parsin. Belshazzar’s face turned pale; his knees knocked together in fear; and his legs buckled under him. He shouted for his wise men to come, read, and interpret the writing. None of them could. The queen mother heard the commotion and rushed in. She told the king, “I know a man who can read and interpret that writing. He has divine knowledge and wisdom. Call Daniel. He can do it.” Arrogance can make people feel secure until enough trouble comes. That is why it pays to have faith in God and in His Son Jesus Christ. All other ground for security is sinking sand.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism