We often despair when we can’t see a way out of our predicament, but consider Daniel chapter 6. His peers were out to get him, so they created a law Daniel would have to violate to remain faithful to God. The king signed the law. His peers then caught Daniel violating the law by praying to God. They went immediately to the king and said, ‘Did you not sign a law that for the next thirty days any person who prays to anyone, divine or human — except to you, Your majesty — will be thrown into the den of lions?’ “Yes,” the king replied, ‘that decision stands; it is an official law of the Medes and Persians that cannot be revoked.’ But the king now realized that the law meant death for Daniel; so he tried all day to rescue him. But that night, the king gave the orders to arrest Daniel and throw him to the lions. Early the next morning, the king got up and rushed to the lion’s den. He called out in anguish, “Daniel, servant of the living God! Was your God, whom you serve faithfully, able to rescue you from the lions?” Daniel answered, “Long live the king! My God sent his angel to shut the lions’ mouths so that they would not hurt me, for God found me innocent in his sight.” Child of God, do not despair. God often chooses to turn our looming calamity or setback into a blessing. If not, He will surely give us grace to get through it.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- karaoke italiano on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Bollywood karaoke songs come in different languages because the Bollywood productions are also mul...
- cinee Frank on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : Katy Perry needs to be called out. first she makes jokes that she is not apart of the satanic cult, ...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism