A Certificate of Indebtedness is a written promise to pay a debt — an IOU. We sign them all the time when we incur a debt. The Bible teaches that we are all indebted to God, because we have broken all the moral laws He gave us to keep. But when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, God cancels our sin debt. Here is how Paul explains this wonderful truth in Colossians 2: “When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed spiritual circumcision — the cutting away of your sinful nature. For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us, and took it away by nailing it to the cross.” How should we respond to such a wonderful truth? Paul says, “Let your roots grow down deep into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” People who accept Christ are debt free of their sins. Their next goals might well be becoming debt free of their mortgage and car note.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- david bell on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : you sir have no education on music theory or copyright infringement
- Todd A. Scholes on Ebola Outbreak: How You Can Help : We have a revolutionary product that would help fight and protect against viruses and these out brea...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism