To inspire her little son in music, a woman took him to hear a top-rated pianist. While she was distracted, her son sneaked up to the piano and began to play “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.” Before she could get to her son, the master pianist came on stage. He sat next to the boy and whispered to him, “Don’t quit, — keep playing.” Then leaning over him, the master pianist played with the boy, and together, they produced a great masterpiece of music. This illustrates what the Apostle Paul urged the strong among God’s people to do for the weak. We read in Romans 15, “Strong people should not just tolerate but lovingly uphold the weak. We must not just please ourselves. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.” Paul pointed to Jesus as our best example. Quoting Psalm 59, He said Christ did not live to please Himself. Rather, he took the insults that people hurled at God His Father. Paul adds that those Scriptures are for us — to teach us how we ought to treat others. He said those Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God to fulfill His promises to us. Paul prayed that God would help us live in complete harmony with each other. Living in harmony with others and helping them do their best is the way followers of Christ Jesus ought to live.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Edward on Jesus in the Black Christian Imagination, Pt. 2 : I have read both Part 1 and Part 2 of this article and I have several things to say about it. What ...
- larry on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Are you no longer doing the daily direction? I keep getting Oct. 17 when I log onto your website.
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism