Rich and famous people often have lifestyles that set them off from ordinary people. They have servants, drivers, cooks, and gardeners. They don’t wait in line for tickets; they have valets to park their cars; and they fly in private planes. When they come together, the rich and famous speak a language that is common to them. But what should be the lifestyle of people who claim to follow Jesus Christ? The Apostle Paul wrote this: “Put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming. You used to do these things when your life was still a part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.” So, whether you are rich and famous or poor and unknown, God calls His children to follow this kind of lifestyle.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Samuel Holysentc on Churchy Fallacies Are Drivin’ Me ‘Crae : I've been a fan of crea from the first time i heard his song(s).. one thing i know is that the call ...
- Ilana on Discipling Men into Godliness: An Interview with Pastor Eric Mason : Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Many thanks for supplying these details.
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism