A minister told how he and a deacon visited a man who was suffering from cancer. The man’s company had just fired him, his insurance had expired, and he was on the verge of dying. On top of that, he had nothing to leave his wife and child to live on. When the minister asked him about his relationship with God, the man cursed the minister and told him to leave. He was angry that the minister seemed to have no concern for his situation. The pastor and the deacon left but later came back. This time they had a plan to help the man’s family after he died. They had found her a job, and promised to help sell his home to get money to finance college for his daughter. When the man heard how the church would care for his family, he cried like a baby. He died without responding to the Gospel, but the love of God’s people so touched the wife that she did respond to the Gospel. The Apostle Paul urged God’s people to show love at every opportunity. In Colossians 4, he wrote, “Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.” Hurting people are everywhere in our world, battered by violence, conflict, hatred, and self-centeredness. God’s people can often make a difference by the way they speak and act.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Todd A. Scholes on Ebola Outbreak: How You Can Help : We have a revolutionary product that would help fight and protect against viruses and these out brea...
- karaoke italiano on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Bollywood karaoke songs come in different languages because the Bollywood productions are also mul...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism