Near the end of the Vietnam War, a land mine killed a soldier near his base. The army could not identify the body, so it remained in Hawaii for 13 years. Meanwhile the army classified another missing soldier as a deserter; but the mother of that soldier insisted her son was not a deserter. She worked years to prove her claim. Then after 13 years, the army discovered that the unidentified body was this mother’s son. They gave him a full military funeral. The mother wept on her son’s flag as the army now confirmed that her son was not a deserter. Like this mother, God vindicated Daniel 2,500 years ago. His peers had falsely accused him and contrived to have him thrown into a den of lions. Despite the false charges and unthinkable penalty, Daniel did not bend to pressure. He kept right on praying to God. He stood firmly in his faith, and God did not desert him. God delivered him by locking the lions’ jaws. When King Darius realized that Daniel’s God had delivered him, he sentenced the conspirators to the lions; and he issued a decree that all his subjects should worship Daniel’s God, the only true God. Many times, God vindicates His people in this world–though not always. Yet people whose faith rests in God and in His Son Jesus Christ can still be confident. They know that, ultimately, they cannot lose.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- karaoke italiano on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Bollywood karaoke songs come in different languages because the Bollywood productions are also mul...
- cinee Frank on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : Katy Perry needs to be called out. first she makes jokes that she is not apart of the satanic cult, ...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism