According to some research, married couples enjoy more happiness than single people do; they look younger longer, and are more financially secure. Human marriage illustrates the union between Christ and His followers. People united with Christ have benefits that are out of this world. The Apostle Paul lists a few of them. He says, “There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of God’s life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.” Paul says, “The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body, God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.” Paul says that one important benefit of our union with Christ — our marriage to Him, if you please — is that Christ sets us free from the bondage to always do wrong — those destructive behaviors that rob us of peace, joy, and the capacity to live fruitful lives. Instead, in union with Christ, we are able to cultivate good behavior that fosters peace, joy, and productive lives. Faith in Christ unites us with Him and makes all this and more possible.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 73 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- depression on Sex outside of marriage is very common today. : Good day! This is kind of off tooic but I need some gjidance from an established blog. Is it diffic...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism