Edmund Burke said, “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” King Belshazzar ignored this truth. We learn in Daniel 5 that he felt so secure inside Babylon’s walls that even as the Medes and Persians encircled his city, he threw a party for his nobles; and in contempt of God, drank wine from goblets that came from Jerusalem. Suddenly, a human hand wrote on the wall. He fearfully sent for Daniel to interpret the writing. Daniel came in and said to the king, “Your majesty, the Most High God gave sovereignty, majesty, glory, and honor to your predecessor, Nebuchadnezzar. He made him so great that people of all races and nations and languages trembled before him in fear. But when his heart and mind became puffed up with arrogance, he was brought down from his royal throne and stripped of his glory. He ate grass like a cow, and he was drenched with the dew of heaven until he learned that the Most High God rules over the kingdoms of the world. You, Belshazzar, are his successor, and you knew all this, yet you have not humbled yourself. You have not honored the God who gives you breath of life and controls your destiny! God has sent this hand to write this message.” Belshazzar refused to learn from history. That night he perished. All who proudly ignore the just and righteous God of history will reap what they sow.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism