George Müller ran several orphanages in Germany but never solicited donations. Instead, as a student of the Scriptures, he would search God’s word for a specific promise, and then ask God to fulfill that promise. That is also how Daniel prayed. We read in Daniel 9, that as he studied the book of Jeremiah, he saw where God had promised to let his people go home after 70 years in exile. After reading that promise, Daniel fasted and confessed the sins of his people. Then basing his plea upon God’s integrity, he pleaded that God would keep the promise He had made. He confessed that God was just in permitting his people to go into exile. God was just because they had so blatantly rebelled against God’s word, turned from God, exploited the poor and weak, and adopted the wicked practices of the surrounding nations. Now after 70 years of exile, Daniel pleads that God would forgive them and let them go home. He said to God, “We make this plea, not because we deserve help, but because of your mercy.” God answered Daniel’s prayer in response to his plea, yes, but also because God had promised to do it. God is far more likely to answer our prayers when we pray like Daniel; when we base our request upon what God has promised to do for His children.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Chandra on What Black Children Are Really Being Taught : Great article. Some specific actions to address this issue might be: 1) teach girls how to get some...
- spotted by locals on A letter of recommendation can be valuable. : WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for trip to europe
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism