One expert says difficult bosses are usually one of four types: controllers insist that people do things their way; analyzers like plenty of data but they can’t make decisions; promoters make quick decisions but seldom follow up; and supporters care for workers but people take advantage of them. This expert says, in dealing with bosses, confirm your facts, document your agreement, and in a dispute, offer ideas but let the boss decide. Nebuchadnezzar was a terrible boss. Daniel 2 says when he had a dream, he called in his subordinates, and said to them, “Tell me my dream and what it means. If you can’t do it, you will be torn limb from limb, and your houses will be turned into heaps of rubble! But if you tell me what I dreamed and what it means, I will give you many gifts and honors.” Since Daniel was one of the king’s advisers, he stood to lose his life along with the others. But he acted with wisdom. He asked the king to give him time. He went home and with his friends asked God to give him wisdom to meet the king’s demand. As a result, Daniel dreamed the king’s dream and gave him the interpretation. That dream and Daniel’s analysis of it revealed God’s plans for his people and for his eternal kingdom. No one likes to deal with a difficult boss, but having to cope with one as Daniel did may be a blessing in disguise. It may be preparation for God’s higher purpose.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Edward on Jesus in the Black Christian Imagination, Pt. 2 : I have read both Part 1 and Part 2 of this article and I have several things to say about it. What ...
- larry on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Are you no longer doing the daily direction? I keep getting Oct. 17 when I log onto your website.
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism