The morning after a fierce storm destroyed almost everything a farmer had, he went outside to look around. As he stood dazed, looking at the mess and wondering what he would do about the future, he heard a stirring coming from the henhouse. A rooster, missing feathers and dripping wet, climbed from the debris; and as the sun came up, it flapped its wings and proudly crowed — glad to see the sun. We see in Daniel 2 that King Nebuchadnezzar vowed to kill all the wise men in Babylon — including Daniel — if they could not tell him his dream and give him the interpretation. But Daniel and his friends prayed, and God kindly let Daniel dream the king’s dream. The first thing Daniel did was to lift his voice to thank God. He said, “Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power.” Later, the king asked Daniel “Is it true that you can tell me what my dream was and what it means?” Rather than boast about his own ability, Daniel replied, ‘There are no wise men who can reveal the king’s secret. But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and he has shown the king what will happen in the future.” Daniel related the king’s dream and gave him the interpretation. He credited God for his abilities — both his natural and spiritual. As a result, God used him in incredible ways. Like Daniel, we should praise God for our abilities because He is worthy.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 73 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- depression on Sex outside of marriage is very common today. : Good day! This is kind of off tooic but I need some gjidance from an established blog. Is it diffic...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism