Years ago, Dr. Karl Menninger wrote the book Whatever Became of Sin? He said, while the word sin has almost disappeared from our vocabulary, guilt still exists. Some writers downplay sin by calling them mistakes. Others dismiss sin by shifting blame from the individual to society. Still others create their own list of sins, and think they can decide what is right or wrong. On the other hand, God puts everyone on trial, and declares us all guilty—guilty because of our connection with Adam, the federal head of the human race, and guilty because we daily break God’s laws in our hearts. We are sinners not only because we commit sinful acts, but also because our motives behind our deeds are sinful. The Apostle Paul in Romans 3 gives us God’s declaration about sin. He quoted God’s word that says, “No one is righteous—not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good. Not a single one.” “Everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.” The bad news is that every human being stands guilty before God. But the Good News is that God has provided a remedy. Through faith in God’s Son Jesus, who paid our sin debt, we can receive total forgiveness and eternal life.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- larry on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Are you no longer doing the daily direction? I keep getting Oct. 17 when I log onto your website.
- david bell on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : you sir have no education on music theory or copyright infringement
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism