William Cushing and Ira Sankey composed that old favorite hymn Under His Wings. The refrain goes like this: “Under His wings, under His wings, who from His love can sever? Under His wings my soul shall abide, safely abide forever.” Christ used the analogy of the wings of a mother hen to convey His desire to protect and save His people. As He sat on the Mt. Olive, He wept over the nation’s refusal to accept Him as their Messiah. He cried, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets! And stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you would not let me. And now, look, your house is abandoned and desolate.” Hens gather their chicks to protect and nurture them—what Him, and in 70 A.D., the Romans destroyed their land and Temple, leaving them homeless for 2,000 years—a terrible outcome for the nation. But just as hens gather their young to love and protect them, God, today, offers His love, forgiveness, and eternal protection. To those who repent and trust in the atoning sacrifice of His Son Jesus, God gives all these blessings and a whole lot more.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism