Queen Elizabeth is the supreme ruler in Britain, yet in practice, she has very little authority. The British Parliament has the real power. The Queen can advise and encourage, but she cannot dictate laws. Throughout history, the world has seen both good and bad rulers. Some have been ruthless; others compassionate. In America, we’re fortunate to have a democracy. We can select our rulers. Psalm 45 depicts ancient Israel’s description of an ideal ruler. The author pictures a monarch that’s so perfect and majestic that he can only be referring to David’s Son, the coming Messiah. At the same time, the Psalm spells out God’s desire for any person in the place of power. Rulers serve best when they realize they represent the Sovereign God of the universe. Integrity, justice, and humility should characterize anyone who serve as leaders. When they speak, words of wisdom and compassion should flow from their lips. Their goal should be to foster truth and righteousness where they serve. While the psalmist celebrates any leader who rules with integrity, he knows that God’s perfect Ruler is still to come. One day, God’s Son will come to take charge of our world. He will be the perfect Ruler. But until then, God counts on us to pursue righteousness and justice on His behalf.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- eliquid on Here are 10 reasons to avoid sex outside of marriage. : Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is exis...
- seq on How Superstition May Thwart Ebola’s Eradication in Guinea : we really have to keep them in prayer yall
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism