It is two weeks going on three that over 200 girls were kidnapped from their school in the Nigerian village of Chibok. They were taken by Islamist terrorist group, Boko Haram, and their whereabouts are unknown but there is strong suspicion that some or all of them were sold into marriage/sex slavery to Boko Haram militants. Coverage of this situation is increasing among mainstream media outlets but it is smaller media outlets, independent organizations, and people who have really stepped up to increase awareness starting campaigns such as the #bringbackourgirls movement that is taking place on Twitter and trending on Facebook. There is currently a Bring Back Our Girls group on Facebook which is gaining traction and is a source for updates as well as for information on upcoming marches–one scheduled for New York tomorrow–conference calls, petitions, and prayer calls. Recently Bring Back Our Girls posted a video that features pictures of some of the schoolgirls–it is unknown whether they are the ones who were kidnapped–and the voice of the father of one of the kidnapped girls. It is certainly heart wrenching but hopefully it will also help more people to mobilize around this situation. Please watch, pray and spread the word.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Chandra on What Black Children Are Really Being Taught : Great article. Some specific actions to address this issue might be: 1) teach girls how to get some...
- spotted by locals on A letter of recommendation can be valuable. : WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for trip to europe
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism