When a judge says to a person charged with a crime, “not guilty,” the person is free from a penalty. Those words are sweet to the accused. In a more profound way, that’s what the Judge of the universe says to guilty people who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. God can declare us not guilty, because even though we are all lawbreakers, His Son, Jesus Christ took our punishment when He died on the cross. When we turn to Jesus as our Savior, God transfers Christ’s perfect righteousness to our account. So even though we have sinned, God declares us legally, “Not Guilty.” Of course God’s action to justify us does not free us to live as we please. Paul explains that in Romans Chapters 3 and 6. “No way” Paul says. “By accepting Christ we died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?” Rather, when we accept Jesus Christ by faith, His Spirit comes to live inside of us. He helps us to say “no” to sin and “yes” to what pleases God. Since God offers this kind of salvation to all who accept His Son, we are foolish to reject or ignore it.
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- spotted by locals on A letter of recommendation can be valuable. : WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for trip to europe
- Leroy Smith, Jr. on Thousands of undocumented youth are in our country. : Why do I keep getting the October 17 edition of Daily Direction? It has become an intricate part of ...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism