- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- www.youtube.com on The dove is a symbol of peace and love. : The eruptions on this mountain completely changed the lives from the peoples in this field as well a...
- belli skin care on When will the Big California earthquake come? : Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
Financial advisors tell us to invest our money in a variety of places to minimize our risk. They say, invest in savings, real estate, large, small, and medium stocks, as well as in domestic and global companies. The purpose of diversifying is to reduce the risk of losing all our money in one place. Jeremiah was delivering God’s message that ancient Israel was on the verge of going into captivity. Nobody would think this was a good time to invest in real estate. But God told Jeremiah to purchase a field from his cousin as an investment. God said He would back up this long-term asset. God said, “Someday people will again own property in this land and will buy and sell houses and vineyards and fields. The LORD went on to say, “Just as I have brought all these calamities on them, so I will do all the good I have promised them. Fields will again be bought and sold in this land about which you now say, ‘It has been ravaged by the Babylonians. Yes, fields will once again be bought and sold – deeds signed and sealed and witnessed. Someday I will restore prosperity to them. I, the Lord, have spoken.” Jeremiah’s investment had no risk because God backed it up. Later, exiles went home just as He promised. God guarantees all of His promises for good or ill—by the power of His nature and character. We do ourselves a huge favor when we study, trust, and obey God’s written word.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.