- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- Why the Church Should Thank Beyonce: One woman's rant on why the church owes the pop star a ... 2 comment(s) | posted on January 31, 2014
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Michael Tait: 'Living Integration': The dc Talk veteran and current Newsboys singer on race... 7 comment(s) | posted on June 28, 2011
- Leonor on What really caused the Titanic ship to sink in 1912? : It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this po...
- Ndubuisi on Africa on the Rise: Meet This Generation’s African Artists : Africans it's our time to shine
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
The U. S. Army has adopted seven critical values for those who enlist: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. They want good people with good values. After Peter and his fellow disciples expressed confidence that Jesus is the Messiah, Jesus ended His public ministry and prepared them for His rejection and crucifixion. In doing so, He pointed to the kind of loyalty His followers would need if they intended to be true disciples. Matthew Chapter 16:21: “From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that it was necessary for him to go to Jerusalem, and that he would suffer many terrible things at the hands of the elders, the leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. He would be killed, but on the third day he would be raised from the dead. Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father and will judge all people according to their deeds.” So while salvation is free to all who accept Christ by faith, true discipleship costs everything.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.