- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- ak on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : There is so much about your article that shows you really have not done your research. This is more ...
- scarcejail2418.tumblr.com on Partnerships can sometimes be beneficial. : I was abnle to find good advice from your articles.
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
We all know God instructed Moses to build the Ark of the Covenant--the symbol of God’s presence among the people of ancient Israel. Moses built the Ark, but somewhere in history, it disappeared. Ever since, people have speculated on where the ark is today. Some speculate that the Egyptian Pharaoh Shishak took it in 925 B.C. Some say it’s shut up in a cave on Mt. Nebo in Jordan. Some say it is buried underneath the Temple mount. Ethiopians say it’s in their country. Most of these theories seem to ignore what Jeremiah wrote about the need for the Ark in the future. In Jeremiah 3:16, the prophet said in the future, worship of God would need no visible aids such as the Ark. He wrote, “You will no longer wish for the good old days when you possessed the Ark of the LORD’S Covenant.There will be no need to rebuild the Ark.” Worship is as Jesus told the Woman of Samaria—the place of worship is irrelevant. God looks for people who worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Jeremiah called the people of his day to repent of their sins. If they did so, God would be merciful to forgive their sins and heal their land. Today, God still calls people to repent of their sins, to accept His Son as their Savior. Many religions offer people a way to feel good, but God’s Son paid our sin debt; He offers to forgive our sins and restore us to a right relationship with God—the One who created us and holds our destiny.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.