- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- The 30th Annual Stellar Awards: A Reminder That Gospel Music Matters: The gospel music industry’s preeminent awards show ce... 2 comment(s) | posted on April 4, 2015
- 10 Quotes from Myles Munroe on Personal Growth and Relationships: The late Dr. Myles Munroe had a vibrant ministry that e... 63 comment(s) | posted on November 10, 2014
- Five Things We’ve Learned From Preachers of Detroit: Oxygen's latest offering in the Preachers franchise foc... 13 comment(s) | posted on March 17, 2015
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
While on vacation, a mother took her 5-year-old son to the planetarium. When they arrived, she learned that children under 6 were not admitted, so she coached her son to say he was 6. When that show ended, they moved on to the museum. There a large sign said, “Children 5 and under admitted free,” so the mother coached her son to say he was 5. Their last stop was the aquarium. As they came up, the boy asked, “Mom, how old am I now?” Maybe the mother didn’t realize it, but her son will grow up with a twisted set of values. That is why the Apostle Paul urged God’s people to avoid duplicity and deception, and tell the truth. In Ephesians 4:17, he wrote this: “Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes… So stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbors the truth, for we are all parts of the same body.” And God’s word through his prophet Zechariah 8 is this: “Tell the truth to each other… Stop your love of telling lies that you swear are the truth. I hate all these things, says the LORD.” So when we are tempted to tell a lie or deceive, we should remember, God wants us to tell the truth.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.