- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- Why the Church Should Thank Beyonce: One woman's rant on why the church owes the pop star a ... 2 comment(s) | posted on January 31, 2014
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
- Michael Tait: 'Living Integration': The dc Talk veteran and current Newsboys singer on race... 7 comment(s) | posted on June 28, 2011
- George on ‘Noah’ Blockbuster Has Almost Everything Going For It, Except Diversity : "“When it come to films on Bible stories and biblical figures, we are going back to the days of Ch...
- George on ‘Noah’ Blockbuster Has Almost Everything Going For It, Except Diversity : The big problem for me is that the white people as we know it probably did not exist during the time...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
Theologian John Stott gave this reason He believes in the divine origin of the Bible. He said, “The chief reason why the Christian believes in the divine origin of the Bible is that Jesus Christ himself taught it.” Here are two places where Jesus expressed Himself about the Scriptures: In Luke 24:25, speaking to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus, Jesus said, ‘You foolish people! You find it so hard to believe all that the prophets wrote in the Scriptures. Wasn’t it clearly predicted that the Messiah would have to suffer all these things before entering his glory?’” Then later, Jesus said to the eleven disciples (Luke 24:44-47), “When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled.” Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And He said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of His name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.” So today, while some may have doubts about the Bible, one thing is clear: Jesus Christ, who came from heaven, never doubted their accuracy and reliability.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.