- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 72 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- Tony Evans: Gay Marriage Is Not a Civil Rights Issue: The respected pastor explains why homosexuality is such... 61 comment(s) | posted on May 11, 2012
- TeaPartyImmigrationCoalition on Immigration and the Black Community: Finding Synergy to Promote Progress : Blacks are the very first to lose their jobs to illegal aliens. Black unemployment is in direct inve...
- Rosa Moore-Jordan, M.A. Rel. (honors)URW-USAF on Preachers of LA: More than a Showcase of Prosperity : The only thing I am acquainted with are the things I have written about, and I continue to stand by ...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
The story is told of a man who tried to commit suicide by drowning. He jumped into water far from land; but after jumping in, he changed his mind and said, “God, if you let me make it to the shore I’ll give you 80% of all I own. When he got close to shore and still felt strong, he said, “Lord, I’ll give 10% if you let me make it to shore.” Sadly, some people think that giving to God is payback for what God has given them. But giving is not only a response to need; it shows gratitude to God. The Apostle Paul clarified that to the Christians at Corinth. In 2 Corinthians Chapter 8, he urged them to help poor people in Jerusalem. But in doing so, he used the example of the poor saints in Macedonia. He said, “I can testify that they gave not only what they could afford, but far more. And they did it of their own free will. They begged us again and again for the privilege of sharing in the gift for the believers in Jerusalem. They even did more than we had hoped, for their first action was to give themselves to the Lord. Paul then uses the example of Christ’s giving. He says, “Though he was rich, for our sake He became poor, so that by his poverty, he could make us rich.” Giving is not paying God back for what He has done for us. We owe Him too much to pay it back. Giving to others in need is one way of saying “Thanks” to God for His generosity to us.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.