- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 61 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- A Wake Up Call for Gospel Artists: The excessive commercialization of Gospel Music has thr... 5 comment(s) | posted on May 20, 2013
- Can Iyanla Vanzant Fix Your Life?: Iyanla Vanzant's popular new show is igniting commentar... 17 comment(s) | posted on April 27, 2013
- "Fix Me" Is The New Black: The black community is spending a lot of its time watch... 1 comment(s) | posted on May 22, 2013
- Just me on Can Iyanla Vanzant Fix Your Life? : As a young child I was tounch and hurt by family members...for years I try to block it out by moving...
- ipad 2 screen repair kl on Interrupting the Bloodshed : You're so awesome! I do not think I've truly read through something like this before. So good to di...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
In the Peanuts’ comic strip, “The Great Pumpkin,” Linus mistakenly believed a great pumpkin would appear on Halloween. He would bring gifts for all the boys and girls without their having to go trick or treating. Some people think Schultz built an underlying message into the story—that he wanted to mock the idea that Christ would return to earth. Whether that was his intent or not, some people dismiss the idea of Christ returning to earth but not the Apostle Peter. He wrote this in 2 Peter, Chapter 3, “Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. They will say, ‘What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.” Peter goes on to declare that, yes, Christ will return to receive His people and to judge a wicked world. He says God’s people look beyond that judgment to the New Heavens and new earth God has promised. He says we can hasten Christ’s return in two ways: By living holy lives devoted to Christ; and by sharing the Good News that God offers to save all who repent. Peter says God is delaying Christ’s return for a reason: to give us the chance to share this Good News all over the world.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.