- 10 Quotes from Myles Munroe on Personal Growth and Relationships: The late Dr. Myles Munroe had a vibrant ministry that e... 41 comment(s) | posted on November 10, 2014
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- Preachers of LA: More than a Showcase of Prosperity : The prosperity gospel is small cookies compared to what... 100 comment(s) | posted on October 11, 2013
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
An elderly woman walked into an insurance office to return a policy. She said she could no longer pay the premiums since her husband died. When the clerk saw the policy, she realized the woman was making a mistake. The policy belonged to her husband who had left her a huge sum of money—an inheritance large enough to last the rest of her life. God spoke through His prophet in Ezekiel chapter 47 to tell Israel that the nation would inherit the land God promised to Abraham. God is careful to say that in that coming day, foreigners who lived in the land would also be included. But far more profound than this is the promise God makes to those who accept His Son as their Savior. We read in 1 Peter chapter 1, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.” Notice: the astonishing truth about the Christian’s inheritance is that God Himself is preserving it. Since God is infinite, unlimited, we never need to wonder whether He has enough for His children, or if it will ever lose any of its value.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.