- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 71 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Fatherhood the ‘Courageous’ Way: Absent fathers are prime contributors to the failure of... 22 comment(s) | posted on September 29, 2011
- Tony Evans: Gay Marriage Is Not a Civil Rights Issue: The respected pastor explains why homosexuality is such... 61 comment(s) | posted on May 11, 2012
- Jelani Greenidge (@jelanigreenidge) on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : You have an interesting definition of theft.
- Jelani Greenidge (@jelanigreenidge) on Four Reasons the Flame & Co. v. Katy Perry Lawsuit is a Bad Idea : Hi Miranda, Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry for the time delay, I've been traveling and whatno...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
One theology professor said about Christ: “To the artist, He is the One altogether lovely. To the educator, He is the master teacher. To the philosopher, He is the wisdom of God. To the lonely, He is a brother. To the sorrowful, He is a comforter. To the bereaved, He is the resurrection and the life. And to the sinner, He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.” In Colossians Chapter 1, the Apostle Paul said this about Jesus: “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation. Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we cannot see—kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him. He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together. Christ is the head of the church, which is his body. He is the first of all who will rise from the dead, so he is first in everything. For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and by him God reconciled everything in heaven and on earth by means of his blood on the cross.” Since Christ is all of that, he deserves our highest praise and our loyal devotion.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.