- "Thicker than Water" is Pretty Thin and Spiritually Impoverished: Bravo's new reality show about gospel artist and preach... 39 comment(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- The Bishop Behind the Shark Tank: This week’s Shark Tank will highlight the work of a m... 2 comment(s) | posted on December 6, 2013
- Why We Must Wait: An Advent Reflection: With Advent upon us, it is time for us to reclaim, now ... 1 comment(s) | posted on December 3, 2013
- Beverly A Brown on The Preachers of L.A.: Cashing Out : These men had their own personal reasons' for doing this reality show. However was this show to the ...
- Schau dir hier jetzt on Grand Theft Coddle : Hello! Thiis iis my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I gen...
- abortion African American Barack Obama Bible Chandra White-Cummings Christian Christianity church Education faith film Music Obama Politics President Obama Pro-choice pro-life race racial reconciliation racism
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
A volcano erupted in Pompeii, Italy in 79 A.D. and 2,000 people perished. Yet experts say they did not have to die because several weeks before the eruption, there were rumblings and shakings. People just did not know or heed the danger signs. Years before Pompeii, young Mary, the mother of Jesus, knew the significance of her Baby’s birth. She knew God was using her to give birth to the long-awaited Messiah. His mission was to bring salvation and justice to the world. In her Song of Praise (Luke Chapter 1), she rejoiced that God was about to fulfill His ancient promise to bless the world through Abraham’s offspring. Her people had suffered much from cruel dictators. Yet now, Mary said God was about to bring down princes from their thrones, and exalt the humble. He would fill the hungry with good things and send the rich away with empty hands. Now even though Christ came, we have not yet seen all her words fulfilled. But in the Messiah, God became human. At His first coming, He showed compassion for people by the way He met their needs, and by paying the sin-debt for the entire human race. Today, He forgives the sins of all who accept Him. One day Christ will return to establish justice on the earth. Until He comes, we model and foster righteousness. Unlike those who ignored warning signs in 79 A.D., we entrust our lives to Christ, our eternal refuge.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.