- 10 Quotes from Myles Munroe on Personal Growth and Relationships: The late Dr. Myles Munroe had a vibrant ministry that e... 43 comment(s) | posted on November 10, 2014
- Why Unmarried Christians Are Having Sex: With so many single adults deciding that abstinence is ... 85 comment(s) | posted on July 25, 2012
- 10 Ways to Recognize a Good Guy: My Non-Negotiables for a Successful Relationship.... 12 comment(s) | posted on November 22, 2011
- Preachers of LA: More than a Showcase of Prosperity : The prosperity gospel is small cookies compared to what... 100 comment(s) | posted on October 11, 2013
- 10 Steps to Finally Leave a Toxic Relationship: For all those women out there who read my “How to Rec... 4 comment(s) | posted on December 2, 2011
Helping you discover the truth of God's Word
Daily Directions, featuring Dr. Melvin Banks, is the two-minute daily radio program based on the themes found in UMI's annual commentary Precepts for Living.
Melvin Banks Sr., D. Lit.
Once, police surrounded a parked car in New York City. In the backseat was a man with a rifle. They tried to negotiate with him, but he did not reply. After watching and waiting, they realized the man was a mannequin. Later, they spoke to the owner of the car; he said he kept the mannequin for protection. Years ago, Abram was likely fearful, because he lived in a strange land. Also, God had told him He would bless the world through his offspring; but he had no children to produce offspring. Perhaps this is why we read in Genesis chapter 15, that God told him in a vision: “Do not be afraid, Abram, for I will protect you, and your reward will be great. But Abram replied, ‘O Sovereign LORD, what good are all your blessings when I don’t even have a son?’” To assure Abram of God’s ability and dependability to do what He promises, the Lord took him outside and said, “Look up into the sky and count the stars if you can. That’s how many descendants you will have!” The text tells us, “Abram believed the LORD, and the LORD counted him as righteous because of his faith.” Today, God still calls us to rely on him, on His written Word, and on his unblemished reputation to do all He promises.
We've got you covered! Check out our Daily Direction archives. You'll find the podcasts organized by day, date, and month.